Palliative Care Workshop
Standard Price: $600 (GST Free)
There are no early bird payment options for this workshop.
The Palliative Care Workshop is a highly informative 2 day program for anyone who is interested in oncology massage in the palliative care setting. This workshop aims for you to acquire the ability to improve the quality of life for people living with a life-limiting illness and provide you with the self-care tools vital to working in this environment.
|Start Date||Finish Date||Facilitator||Location|
To register, please go to the Booking Calendar. Minimum and maximum workshop numbers apply.
Required Course Pre-Reading;
- Coping with grief by Mal McKissock and Dianne McKissock
- Using the power of hope to cope with dying: the four stages of hope by Cathleen Fanslow-Brunjes
You can find information on where to order these books on the Pre-Reading page.
- The Workshop is open to anyone who has successfully completed OM2 after Jan/2014 and/or anyone on the OML National Therapist Listing.
- Although this an attendance based workshop, there will be an assessment based on the pre-reading.
- Working as an Oncology Massage Therapist in the community and in a palliative care facility
- How to read and use various pain scales
- Communication, cultural issues and ethical considerations with palliative clients
- Practical positioning and adaptations for palliative clients