Last Saved: 24/Feb/2022
Facilitator in Training - Townsville, Queensland
Phone: 0432 587 915
- Diploma of Remedial Massage
- Certified Oncology Massage Therapist (OM2)
- Decongestive Lymphatic Practitioner (Lymphoedema, Lipoedema)
- Member, Australasian Lymphology Association
- Certificate - Understanding Multiple Sclerosis
- Certificate - Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Doterra Essential Oil Specialist
Karen used to be an athlete in her teens and received massages that she enjoyed. Later in life, she trained in Remedial Massage to help people on their journey back to health and give something back to the community. She had a few friends that had finished their cancer treatment or were undergoing treatment and she was interested in a way to massage them safely and help them in their journey. She trained in Oncology Massage with Amy Tyler in Sydney and has been practicing ever since.
Karen likes working with clients from all walks of life and conditions and her reward is the smile on her clients’ faces when the treatment is finished and they are happy. Her wish is to develop more Oncology Massage Therapists in Far North Queensland, so that it can be more widely offered and more people can benefit from it.