Considering an OML Course?
Can I start my training at OM2 if I am a qualified Remedial Massage Therapist or Bowen Therapist?
Everyone begins their Oncology Massage Training in the first of our Foundation Modules (OM1) regardless of existing qualifications. This is due to the specialised nature of Oncology Massage. We give you seven new techniques over the course of our Foundation Training (OM1 and OM2) and five of those are taught in OM1. OM1 also includes course material that is required for OM2. Finally, you will enjoy the start of a supportive and collegial relationship that moves forward into OM2 and beyond. Oncology Massage Therapy is like none other, and relationships built over the time of the courses are invaluable. If you would like to have a Facilitator contact you to discuss our training, please email us.
Can massage therapists do the "Oncology Massage for Beauty Therapists" course?
Although this course is aimed at those working in the beauty and spa industry, we welcome massage therapists on this course as well. It's a fantastic way to refresh your Module One information and learn the new head, neck and shoulder technique. However, if you are keen to qualify as an Oncology Massage Therapist and join the National Therapist Listing and S4OM, you need to successfully complete OM2. Click here to learn more about Oncology Massage for Beauty Therapists.
Can I get an OML course in my town?
I'm from New Zealand. What's the story?
Based on demand, OML runs courses in New Zealand. In Jun-Jul/2018, OML ran an OM1 and an OM2 Course at Dove House in Auckland. Please email Kylie Higgins if you have any questions - and keep an eye on the course schedule.
Gillian Desreaux & Anne-Marie Halligan in Auckland
Anne-Marie and her charges at Dove House
OML is an Affiliate Member of Massage NZ (see below). They offer 30 CPE points each for OM1 and OM2. If you are part of a different massage or complementary therapies' association in New Zealand, please email us so that we can add relevant information to this page.
How many CPE points can I earn if I successfully complete an OML program?
Points are awarded by the following organisations on presentation of your Certificate of Attendance:
- Massage & Myotherapy Australia (MAA) will award 20 points/Module
- Association of Massage Therapists (AMT) will award 35 CEUs/day of training. OM1 and OM2 = 105 CEUs, OM3 = 140 CEUs, and OM4 = 175 CEUs
- Australian Traditional Medicine Society (ATMS) will award 24 CPE points each for OM1 and OM2, and 32 points each for OM3 and OM4
- Bowen Therapists Federation of Australia (BTFA) will award 10 points/Module
- Massage Australia will award 15 points/Module
- Australian Natutal Therapies Association (ANTA) will award CPE points at their discretion (approx 1 point/hour)
- Massage Association of Australia (MAA) will award 10 points each for OM1 and OM2 if both are completed within 12 months, 15 points each for OM3 and OM4, and 20 points each for the Advanced Tutorial and Understanding Palliative Care courses.
- Massage New Zealand (MNZ) will award 30 points each for OM1 and OM2.
Last Updated: 10/Dec/2018