Module Four (OM4) Info
Oncology Massage Module 4 - $1,650
NB. This program is run in conjunction with the Module Three program, so applicants MUST be able to commit to both programs, which are usually scheduled 4-6 weeks apart.
All the conditions for the Module Three program apply to Module Four. Acceptance onto this course will depend on performance during the Module Three program. Automatic progression is not guaranteed.
REQUIRED pre-reading for this course is;
- Review OM3 notes
- Medicine Hands (make sure you have the 2nd Edition) - Chapters 4-5, 7 , 8-11
- Massage for the Hospital Patient and Medically Frail Client - Chapters 3-5, 7-8, 10-12, pages 64-66 (cancer), pages 68-69 (ICU faimly waiting room), pages 178-180 (bone marrow and stem cell transplantation)
To enrol, please go to the Booking Calendar to see all course dates.
Module Three and Four are now held at Austin Health in Melbourne, Victoria, at the Olivia Newton-John Cancer Wellness & Research Centre.
- 5 days working in an oncology ward under supervision
- Hours to suit ward staff and includes approx 6 massages per day
- Practical application of Modules 1,2 & 3 in a hospital environment.
- Individual instruction prior to massage session focusing on presenting issues of patients.
- Debriefing for therapist following massage session, or at the end of the day, with the instructor.
- Recording research information as required and contributing to the research program, as necessary.
- Attain a position on the roster of massage therapists available to work for a hospital, if all requirements of the Module 4 program are completed.
Therapists who successfully complete Oncology Massage Limited will be included in an ongoing professional network established to support massage therapists working in hospitals.