NEW REVISED! Palliative Care Workshop – $600
The new revised Palliative Care Workshop is a highly informative 2 day program for anyone who is interested in oncology massage in the palliative care setting. This workshop aims for you to acquire the ability to improve the quality of life for people living with a life-limiting illness and provide you with the self-care tools vital to working in this environment.
There are no early bird payment options for the course.
|Start Date||Finish Date||Facilitator||Location|
|15-Sept-17||16-Sept-17||Gillian Desreaux|| |
Marymount Mercy, Castle Hill, NSW
To register, please go to the Booking Calendar. Minimum and maximum workshop numbers apply.
REQUIRED pre-reading for this workshop is;
- Coping with grief by Mal McKissock and Dianne McKissock
- Using the power of hope to cope with dying: the four stages of hope by Cathleen Fanslow-Brunjes
You can find information on where to order these books on the Pre-Reading page.
The Palliative Care Workshop is open to anyone who has done Module Two after January 2014 and/or anyone on the OML National Therapist Listing.
- Working as an OMT in the community and in a medical palliative care facility
- How to read and use various pain scales
- Communication, Cultural Issues and Ethical Considerations with palliative clients
- Practical – positioning and adaptations for palliative clients
NB: Although this an attendance based workshop there will be an assessment based on the pre-reading.